COPYRIGHT • Pls. respect the owner of this blog. Plagiarism is a serious crime so please don't copy or steal any photos and/or content from this blog.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

I Just Buried CJ :'(

My dear friends,

Yes it's a very unfortunate and sad news indeed. CJ just passed away a while ago. I'm not really sure the exact time but it was sometime this morning. If you don't know who CJ is, she's the crippled kitten that I found on the street one rainy afternoon and brought home (and oh, she's a female BTW as opposed to what I thought in my previous post that she's a male; click here if you wanna know how I found her). I just finished burying her in the small yard beside our house, just outside our room :'(

I just couldn't help but cry while I was burying her :'( It's really really sad. I didn't even see when she died. I just saw her lying by the tambis tree when I got home from the groceries. I asked my neighbor if she saw how she died and she just said that she just saw CJ crawling (even quite fast, with no signs of being weak or anything) from our house to the tambis tree across and the next thing she saw, CJ wasn't moving anymore and just lay there...already out of breath :'( I mean I can only imagine her just crawling and perhaps wanting to explore around and maybe fell asleep, not knowing that her life's gonna end right then and there :'(

The truth is I already kind of saw it coming, that she's not gonna live long because she can't poop well because of her crippled hind legs. Lately I've noticed that her bottom was kind of swelling. I felt really bad because I can't afford to send her to the vet, what with all the expenses for my cats' food (and for our food as well of course) and other expenses and necessities and especially with the baby coming (yes, I'm pregnant for 8 months now), so we're kind of saving up our money in preparation for the baby. But I didn't really expect that she would die so soon. How many days has it been since I found her? About 6 days I guess? I thought that she'd still live for about a year or two because even though she can't poop very well she still can poop, only that she can't expel them out altogether and would just drag her poop across the floor when she crawls. (My husband is so sweet BTW to volunteer cleaning her and her nest every morning because it's not good for me, a pregnant woman, to clean a kitty's litter due to possible toxoplasmis infection).

Anyway, CJ's death was really unexpected. I mean, she was still very active this morning before my husband and I went out for breakfast. I was even able to feed her and she didn't show any signs that she's dying. She wasn't weak or anything. She even crawls very fast towards her food. Really really unexpected.

I immediately buried her after I found her. And placed some flowers (which I picked out from our neighbor's garden, sshh!) on top of her bed. I also whispered a little goodbye to her as I laid her on her grave before covering her up. After burying her (and after washing my hands of course), I then went ahead and put away the groceries. As I opened the bag, it was then that I found and remembered the milk that I bought for her :'( I decided this morning to feed her milk so that her poop would be much softer and easier for her to expel out. I guess I was too late :'(
Is there a heaven for cats, dogs and other animals? I wanna believe that there is. Because then I can happily say that CJ is there playing with the other cats...(call me cheesy, I wouldn't care).

Gawd I'm so depressed. I'm gonna go and eat some chocolates. But before I go I just wanna thank everyone who showed their empathy to CJ in my previous post (and possibly in this post). It really means a lot to me and CJ. God bless!!!

Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Checker

26 Comments:

EnAirRaH said...

Don't know what to say when I first read your message I am shocked and a cold air run from my arms to my head while asking Who's CJ? Then a realization came oh my the little cat..I am so sad :-( to hear about it pero siguro mabuti na rin yon kesa maghirap siya everyday sa kagagapang pero talagang nakakatouch kasi talagang she manage to go out to held her last breath. Hindi kaya inaway xa ng napadaang aso o pinutakti ng langgam? Maybe she wants to be buried under the tambis tree...same tayo I also put flowers esp., kapag may camantigue around..

By the way congratulations for the baby and thanks for caring "CJ" the little kitten, sa comfort and care. Maybe she knows you needed the milk more kesa sa kanya..,

God Bless and more blessings to come.

Unknown said...

aw.. that's very sad.. condolence..

twelveounces said...

Awww naiyak ako habang basa ko post mo. Sana nga merong heaven for them, I feel you, sa province kasi me burial ceremony pa kami ng mga kapatid ko sa mga alaga naming sumasakabilang buhay. Nakakaiyak talaga.

Evans B. said...

That's sad, but I'm happy that she in cat heaven now. And you know what the good thing with her passing? she doesn't have to suffer anymore. And you know before she passed, she was able to feel loved by someone. Thank you for keeping her! God bless -Evan

Lhuloy said...

I really can't help but cry..I remember my pet pot-pot again,coz I wasn't able to giv hm a descent burial..he also died when I was away from school, my sister just throw him in a garbage damp cause my mom asked her to do it. My father and I cried so hard cause we're pet lovers in the family. Pot-pot died bcoz of suffocation, my younger sister (who was jus 7 years old)put hm inside a luggage and zipped him inside with his four foot tied with rubber bands. My other sister jus discovered it when she noticed that pot-pot wasn't around. I was so sad bcoz it died in a harsh way. I couldn't imagine how it struggle inside the luggage. :'( ... After that we dcided not to take care of any pets jus to avoid that kind of incident. I'm so glad to know that your the one who manage to bury CJ. How I wish I did that too to pot-pot... :'(
Please accept my condolence for CJ....

Diamond R said...

O my momay, CJ is dead. but thanks for showing love for this little kitten.I'm sad.

Diamond R said...

si burj my arabic cat at ako ay nakikiramay sa pagkamatay ni Cj. I tag you for my post today para sa pagkilala sa pagalaga mo sa kanya.

Yette Cruz said...

OMG that's just so sad.. Thanks for letting me know. My neighbor's cat, Wanli also died yesterday. He got hit by a car right in front of us. Now he's only left w/ Maxxis who is really sweet & kind as well. She's just like you, she picks up stray cats & give them shelter & all their basic necessities.

Yea & I hope that there's a heaven for cats as well :)

nyabach0i said...

awwwwwwww. condolence. at least mas ok na si CJ somewhere. akin na lang yung gatas. hehe.

Kamila said...

Hi Nica... I feel sorry for the Cat CJ... and now he's dead.. I think that his last day was still happy because you and your husband took care of him.. don't worry.. I think his happy!!

And I didn't know that your pregnant... I'm happy for you!!!

The Backpack Man said...

condolence diay,, abi nako kinsa ang CJ..

veroniz said...

Thank you so much all for your empathies and condolences!!!! I'm pretty sure that CJ is happy somewhere :')

@Lhuloy, waaaah! sana hindi mo nalang sinabi kung pano namatay si potpot :'( napaiyak tuloy ako ulit :'( kakaawa talaga! super tragic! :"( buhuhuhuh!!!! ba't naman ginanun sha ng sister mo? naglaro lang ba siya or hindi talaga sha mahilig sa pusa?

@Yette, nako, nightmare ko talaga ang makakita ng pusa'ng nasagasaan :(

@Evan, I agree. at least hindi na sha magsuffer at nakadama pa sha ng love from us before she passed away :')

Lhuloy said...

hindi ko din lam kung bket nya gnawa un eh..Iniisip ko na lang na bata p sya noon at wla pang muwang...huhuhu...pcnxa napaiyak ulit kta...cnxa na talga...bwal p aman sau un kasi me baby kna...suri ulit ahh... :(

Katherine said...

Awww. How sweet of you to take care of a stray cat. And I admire your respect for it by giving it a proper burial when its time to go came.

I'm not a pet lover, but stories like yours are really heartwarming. :)

helen said...

condolence to you friend... ang hirap mawalan ng pet. ang stepdad ko nadepress nung namatay pet dog niya mahigit 18 years din sa amin si Sabrina... so isda na lang inaalagaan nya ngayon... pareho pala kami ng gatas ng pusa mo. Siguro may lahing pusa ako...

halojin said...

T_T sad... huhu kakabasa ko pa lang ng napulot na pusa tapos ... bigla ko nabasa yung post mo na na dead na pla T_T

veroniz said...

Salamat talaga sa lahat ng yong mga condolences at pakikiramay. don't worry guys, alam kong masaya si CJ sa heaven :)

veroniz said...

@Lhuloy, oist, okay lang :) yung sister mo pala baka naglaro lang siguro sha kasi bata pa sha non. hindi lang siguro niya alam ang ginawa nya. malungkot isipin pero i think it's time for us to move on. don't worry, alam kong masaya rin ngayon si pot-pot sa heaven kasama ni CJ! :)

Lhuloy said...

yeah cguru bestfriends na cla ngaun sa heaven..jeje...,magkamuka kasi sla eh..haha. (n_n)

halojin said...

cat lover kasi ako huhu... vernoism salamt sa pag bgay ng care sakanya nung nabubuhay pa siya ah !

bitter sweet life said...

Aw! Actually, I'm also experiencing the same pain coz our lovely cat died last Monday.Anyway, condolence to us. =(

Anonymous said...

sorry about your cat. thanks for following by the way. followed you back. ciao.

Unknown said...

God bless you for helping CJ's last few days to be days full of love.

It also made me cry as I remember my little friend, Casey. She was a golden retriever/chow chow mix. She passed last October and I still miss her so.

There is a story called "The Bridge". That says when we pass on we will cross a bridge and on the other side is a big wide open area, like a park. When we reach that side we will see our pets running around, having fun and being so happy to be reunited with us again. I can find nothing scriptural to back this up but believing in it is so comforting. So I hope you will find some comfort in believing this also.

Aiza said...

Awww, that's so sad.
I'm sure she's happier wherever she is right now.
I also have a soft heart for dogs. I love them to bits.

Rainy Kua said...

I'm sorry about CJ... That's really sad. When my pets died, it was so hard for me that it almost felt unbearable. One of my fish is sick now. She haven't eaten for a couple of months and her stomach is swollen. I fear that she will leave us anytime soon.
I don't know if there's heaven for animals. I don't know if they have souls. And I don't think you're cheesy. Some say that pets die for their owner's place. I don't know about that, too. But what I believe is that animals are sent from above. They're angels. I heard a lot of stories of animals saving people's lives. Their truly amazing creatures. R.I.P. CJ.

Rainy Kua said...

I like what Goyo said about "The Bridge." That's really comforting. I want to believe that, too.

Post a Comment

Hi! Pls. make sure that your comments are related to the topic of this post. Any SPAM or comments containing inappropriate/offensive content may not be approved for posting.

COMMENTS CONTAINING SPAM LINKS, WEBSITE LINKS, AND LINKS NOT RELATED TO THE POST TOPIC WILL NOT BE APPROVED

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © 2008-2014 veronizm! ...Life in Bliss... Template and colors by Dicas Blogger , Template Lite and Falcon Hive.com . Powered by Blogger .

BACK TO TOP